NIA Director’s Regional Meeting 2020
The NIA will be sponsoring a virtual Director’s Regional Meeting December 7, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CT (10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. ET). We invite participants from your institution and departments to our half-day meeting on research and training for individuals new to aging research as well as those underrepresented in aging research.
As an offering of the NIA Office of Special Populations, researchers with an interest in health disparities research are encouraged to apply. Applicants from diverse backgrounds, including individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and women are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.
- Richard Hodes, M.D., NIA Director
- Marie A. Bernard, M.D., NIA Deputy Director
- Patricia Jones, Dr.PH., M.P.H., M.S., Director, Office of Special Populations
- Kenneth Santora, Ph.D., Director, Division of Extramural Activities
- Lisbeth Nielsen, Ph.D., Director, Division of Behavioral and Social Research
- Ronald Kohanski, Ph.D., Director, Division of Aging Biology
- Evan Hadley, M.D., Director, Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology
- Eliezer Masliah, M.D., Director, Division of Neurosciences
Regional Meeting Goals
- Provide information on existing opportunities for research and training
- Provide hands on technical assistance in grant writing
- Solicit advice on the design of new research opportunities
- Gain strategies for recruiting underrepresented students and investigators to aging research
There is no registration fee for the 2020 NIA Directors Regional Meeting on Aging Research. Please register at the Director's Regional Meeting 2020 form.
Access the full meeting agenda.
There will be 2 breakout sessions during the mid-morning section of the agenda for participants to ask specific questions related to the NIA's research divisions and programs, training, and small business innovation research and small business technology transfer programs.