Join NIA’s #ResearchDiversity Twitter Chat 2022
To celebrate and foster research diversity, NIA will host its annual #ResearchDiversity Twitter Chat. This year’s Twitter Chat will be held on Thursday, October 20, 2022 from 1-2 p.m., ET and focus on diversity in NIH small business programs. Join NIA and partners in the research and small business community to discuss the importance of diversity in small businesses, programs that support entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds, and to hear helpful tips from NIA grantees and leaders in the field.
Miss the chat? Find tips, advice, and resources from the chat by viewing NIA's Twitter Moment.
How to participate:
Use the hashtag #ResearchDiversity to share your responses. You can also retweet and like tweets throughout the discussion.
Twitter chat questions:
- Question 1 (Q1): What inspired you to become an entrepreneur in health research or technology?
- Q2: What innovative idea are you working on to help advance or diversify health research?
- Q3: What new skill or knowledge have you gained from NIH’s small business programs?
- Q4: How has NIH funding helped advance your research goals and your company’s success?
- Q5: What advice would you offer to other diverse entrepreneurs seeking NIH small business funding?
- Q6: Tell us what research diversity means to you and how we can better support diverse entrepreneurs in health research.
- Small Business Program: Find funding opportunities, applicant tips, and educational events for entrepreneurs in aging research.
- Training and Career Development: Learn about training opportunities based on your educational- or career-level.
- Office of Special Populations: Explore NIA research and workforce programs focused on reducing health disparities and inequities.
- Scientific Workforce Diversity Programs: Browse workforce diversity programs at NIA.