Join NIA as a Health Science Policy Analyst
The Analysis and Evaluation Branch with NIA's Office of Planning, Analysis, and Evaluation (OPAE) seeks a junior, mid-level, or senior Health Science Policy Analyst (GS 12/13/14) to support, design, and lead scientific portfolio analysis and program evaluation efforts.
Role and responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the design of portfolio analyses and program evaluations in collaboration with program staff.
- Query, organize, and analyze data in support of complex, highly visible portfolio analyses and program evaluations.
- Support other data analysis and visualization efforts as needed.
- Develop evaluation guidance for program staff as well as new qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Communicate results clearly and concisely to other analysts, program staff, NIA leadership, and the public via presentations and publications.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Strong background in quantitative and quantitative analysis methods that support data-driven decision making
- Experience communicating results to diverse audiences, including senior staff, Council members, and the public as appropriate
- Familiarity with NIH extramural research administration and procedures
- Familiarity with internal NIH processes, programs, and data systems (i.e., IMPACII IRDB)
- A passion for supporting wide-ranging data science and analysis-oriented projects
- An interest and/or experience in a variety of analysis methods and tools including in programming (e.g., R and/or Python)
- Experience with evaluation of scientific programs
- Experience in OMB clearance and IRB applications
- A master’s degree, Ph.D., or other advanced degree
How to apply?
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV or resume to Alyssa Tonsing-Carter.
Career opportunities at NIA
View more NIA career opportunities and explore benefits, frequently asked questions, and more.