#AskNIA Expert Office Hours on Twitter
Have questions about applying for your first NIA research award? Ask NIA’s training and career development experts – Maria Carranza, Ph.D. and Jamie Lahvic, Ph.D. – during NIA’s virtual office hours event this January. You can join the chat to ask your questions and also find helpful tips, resources, and more.
- Focus: Early career researchers
- Date and time: Wednesday, January 25 from 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. ET.
- Location: Follow @NIHAging on Twitter and the #AskNIA hashtag
How Can I Participate?
Use the hashtag #AskNIA during the event to ask your questions and follow the conversation. To submit your question anonymously, direct message to us by clicking on the envelope icon at the top of the @NIHAging profile page. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can email your questions in advance to NIATraining@mail.nih.gov with the subject line #AskNIA Expert Office Hours.
Examples of questions you might ask:
- How do I know if my project is a good fit for NIA?
- How far in advance should I begin working on my first award application?
- What is a common mistake for first time applicants?
- What kinds of awards are available to non-U.S. citizens?
Explore Related Resources:
- NIA Training and Career Development: Explore NIA’s training and career development opportunities for students, early-career investigators, and clinician-researchers.
- NIA’s Training Portfolio: View a snapshot of training and career opportunities by education and career level.
- Opportunities for Special Populations: Explore training opportunities for researchers from underrepresented groups.