2019 Director's Regional Meeting slated for November 7 in Portland, ME
Event Location: University of Southern Maine, 218 Abromson Center, Portland, ME
The NIA will be sponsoring a Director’s Regional Meeting November 7, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. at The University of Southern Maine, hosted by the Northern New England Clinical & Translational Research Network. We invite participants from your institution and departments to our one-day meeting on research and training for individuals new to aging research as well as those underrepresented in aging research.
As an offering of the NIA Office of Special Populations, researchers with an interest in health disparities research are encouraged to apply. Applicants from diverse backgrounds, including individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and women are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.
- Dr. Richard Hodes., NIA Director
- Dr. Marie A. Bernard, NIA Deputy Director
- Dr. Robin Barr, Director, Division of Extramural Activities
- Dr. John Haaga, Director, Division of Behavioral and Social Research
- Dr. Felipe Sierra, Director, Division of Aging Biology
- Dr. Evan Hadley, Director, Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology
- Dr. Eliezer Masliah, Director, Division of Neuroscience
Regional Meeting Goals
- Provide information on existing opportunities for research and training
- Provide hands on technical assistance in grant writing
- Solicit advice on the design of new research opportunities
- Gain strategies for recruiting underrepresented students and investigators to aging research
There is no registration fee for the 2019 NIA Directors Regional Meeting on Aging Research. You can register online.
Access the full meeting agenda.
There will be 2 breakout sessions during the afternoon section of the agenda for participants to ask specific questions related to the NIA's research divisions and programs, training, and small business innovation research and small business technology transfer programs.
Federal Funds will not be used in the provision or facilitation of food or beverages.