Tips to Make Mealtimes Easier for People with Alzheimer's
Sticking to familiar foods and routines can make mealtimes easier for people with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers.
Share this infographic for helpful tips to simplify meals for people with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers. Click on the social media icons on this page, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Share on Social Media
- Meals can be a challenging time for people with #Alzheimers and their #caregivers. Check out this infographic with helpful tips to make mealtimes easier: https://bit.ly/36jTcFk
- #Caregivers—get 5 tips to make mealtime go smoothly for a person with #Alzheimers disease: https://bit.ly/2Zu7Et4
- Read and share this infographic for tips to make mealtimes easier for people with #Alzheimers and their #caregivers: https://bit.ly/2LN68tV
Meals can be a challenging time for people with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. Maintaining familiar routines and serving favorite foods can help the person know what to expect and feel more relaxed.
Here are some tips to help mealtime go smoothly:
- Make the eating area quiet. Turn off the TV and radio.
- Offer just one food at a time instead of filling the plate or table with too many options.
- Don't rush. Be patient and give the person enough time to finish the meal.
- Cut food into small pieces and make it soft enough to eat, which will help with chewing and swallowing.
- A meal is a good opportunity for social interaction. You can set the mood with a warm and happy tone of voice.
Learn more about healthy eating for people with Alzheimer's disease.