Talking With Your Doctor: Tips for Seniors Infographic
Good doctor-patient communication is important for good health care, but it can be challenging. Share this infographic to spread the word about ways older adults can get the most out of their medical visits.
Click on the social media icons above, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste these messages into social media to help spread the word about talking with your doctor:
- Good doctor-patient communication supports good health. Share #NIH infographic w/ tips on talking w/ dr: https://bit.ly/36u47wg
- Seniors: Get tips for talking with your doctor in this #NIH infographic. Be prepared for your next medical visit! https://bit.ly/2ZrZj93
- 18 seconds – the average time MDs wait before interrupting patients. Share tips to help w/ communication: https://bit.ly/2zXMgS4
You only have 18 seconds - that's the average time a doctor waits before interrupting a patient. As a patient, it is important you are able to obtain, communicate, process, and understand basic health information.
Be prepared for your visit:
- Make a list of concerns in order of their importance to you.
- Write down all of your medications, vitamins, and supplements.
- Note all health and life changes since your last visit.
Learn more about talking with your doctor.