No More Excuses! Overcome Exercise Barriers
Too busy to exercise? No energy? So many things can get in the way of being active. Get tips on how you can overcome exercise barriers and stop making excuses.
Share this infographic and help spread the word about overcoming exercise barriers. Click on the social media icons above, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste these messages into social media to help spread the word about making time to exercise:
- Too busy to #exercise? Think again! Get tips to help you stop making excuses and start moving. http://bit.ly/2N5XWac
- Check out this infographic to help you overcome common #exercise barriers like lack of time, boredom, cost, & fatigue. http://bit.ly/2MEJarF
- No time? Too boring? Too expensive? Too tired? Bust your #exercise excuses with tips in this infographic from the National Institute on Aging at NIH. http://bit.ly/2PRZiE1
Many older adults know they should be more active, but find it hard to fit exercise into their lives.
Check out these tips to learn how you can stop making excuses and get moving to improve your health.
- No time. Exercise first thing in the morning or combine physical activity with a task that’s already part of your day.
- Too boring. Do things you enjoy and try new activities to keep exercise interesting and fun.
- Too expensive. Wear a pair of comfortable, non-skid shoes for walking and use soup cans or water bottles to strength train.
- Too tired. Regular, moderate physical activity can help reduce fatigue and even help you manage stress.
Get more information from Go4Life, the National Institute on Aging's exercise and physical activity campaign designed to help older adults fit exercise and physical activity into daily life.