Menopause: Tips for a Healthy Transition
Share this infographic and help spread the word about things women can do to stay healthy during and after menopause. Click on the social media icons above, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste these messages into social media to help spread the word about menopause:
- Learn how to stay healthy during the #menopause transition with tips from #NIH: https://go.usa.gov/xtEEM
- #Menopause can increase risk of heart disease & osteoporosis. Learn how you may be able to reduce that risk: https://go.usa.gov/xtEES
- Check out these 5 tips for caring for yourself during the #menopause transition: https://go.usa.gov/xtEEh
[TIPS FOR A HEALTHY TRANSITION]
Staying healthy and attending to bothersome symptoms can help ease the menopause transition. It's also important to manage the increased risk for heart disease and osteoporosis that comes with menopause.
Take care to:
- Quit smoking of using tobacco products, if you currently do.
- Eat a healthy diet, low in fat, high in fiber, with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain foods.
- Make sure you get enough calcium and vitamin D.
- Learn what your healthy weight is, and try to stay there.
- Do weight-baring exercise, such as climbing stairs or dancing, at least 3 days each week for healthy bones. Try to be physically active in other ways for your general health, too.
Remember: menopause is not a disease that has to be treated. But it's a good idea to talk to your doctor about staying healthy and things you can do if symptoms like hot flashes bother you.
Learn more about menopause.