Make Yourself a Priority, Too: Tips for Caregivers
Caregiving can be rewarding, but difficult. Learn how you can put yourself back on the priority list.
Share this infographic and help spread the word about caring for yourself while caring for others. Click on the social media icons above, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste these messages into social media to help spread the word about caregiver health:
- 15 million Americans provide unpaid care for an older adult. Share these tips on caregiver health: https://bit.ly/36ldtKJ
- Caring for yourself is one of the most important things you can do as a #caregiver. Share these self-care tips: https://bit.ly/3gdfwVE
- Caregivers: get tips for taking care of yourself in this #NIH infographic. Make yourself a priority! https://bit.ly/2Zu0VPt
- Learn about #caregiving! This NIA infographic gives quick facts and tips for taking care of yourself: https://bit.ly/2WUdjH6
- Read and share this #infographic from the National Institute on Aging—quick facts and 5 tips for #caregivers: https://bit.ly/36lE0HL
Nearly 15 million Americans provide unpaid care to an older adult. Caregivers who provide substantial care are more likely to have physical and emotional health problems.
Take care of yourself. It is one of the most important things you can do as a caregiver.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Spend time with friends.
- Join a support group - in person or online.
- Take breaks each day.
- Keep up with hobbies.
Learn more about caregiving.