Getting Your Affairs in Order: Advance Care Planning
Are your affairs in order? Use this checklist to make legal and financial plans now for your health care in the future.
Share this infographic and help spread the word about getting advance care plans in order. Click on the social media icons above, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste these messages into social media to help spread the word about getting your affairs in order:
Read and share this infographic about getting your healthcare and financial affairs in order: https://bit.ly/2zYkKUv
Be prepared! Use the checklist in this infographic to help plan for future healthcare needs. https://bit.ly/2zWLHbc
Reduce caregiving stress by talking with your loved ones early about their healthcare preferences and arrangements. Check out this infographic which includes a checklist for getting advance care plans in order: https://bit.ly/2Zu88PU
Making healthcare decisions for yourself or someone who is no longer able to do so can be overwhelming. That's why it's important to get a clear idea about preferences and arrangements while you can make decisions and participate in legal and financial planning together.
Use this checklist to ensure healthcare and financial arrangements are in place before serious illness or a healthcare crisis.
- Start discussions early with your loved one while everyone can still help make decisions.
- Create documents that communicate healthcare, financial management, and end of life wishes for yourself and the people you care for, with legal advice as needed.
- Review plans regularly, and update documents as circumstances change.
- Put important papers in one place. Make sure a trusted family member or friend knows the location and any instructions.
- Make copies of healthcare directives to be placed in all medical files, including information on every doctor seen.
- Give permission in advance for a doctor or lawyer to talk directly with a caregiver as needed.
- Reduce anxiety about funeral and burial arrangements by planning ahead.
Learn more about advance care planning.