Get Fit for Free
Exercise has many benefits and you can be active in many ways without spending any money. Learn how to get moving without spending a dime.
Share this infographic and help spread the word about how to get fit for free. Click on the social media icons above, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste these messages into social media to help spread the word about getting fit for free:
- Getting fit doesn't have to cost money! Check out these free ways to be active in and out of the house: http://bit.ly/2sob6UG
- Be active without spending a dime with these #exercise ideas from the National Institute on Aging at NIH: http://bit.ly/2kH4MDv
- Physical activity is key to healthy aging. Doing endurance, strength, balance, & flexibility exercises regularly can help you maintain health and independence as you age. This infographic has ideas on getting fit without spending money: http://bit.ly/2J2WyUI
Exercise is key to healthy aging. Physical activity can make your muscles stronger, increase your heart rate, improve your balance, and stretch your muscles, just to name a few benefits. Try all 4 types of exercise for the most benefits: endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility.
Not sure how to get moving? Here are some ideas that don't cost a dime.
- Go for a hike in a park or up and down some stairs.
- Make your own weights with water bottles or other household items.
- Participate in a community-sponsored cleanup or fun run/walk.
- Join a local recreation sports league.
- Walk or roll with friends or family at the mall or around your neighborhood.
Get more free exercise ideas on Go4Life.