5 Tips to Help You Stay Motivated to Exercise
Physical activity is a great way to boost your health and your mood. As you age, staying active can also help you continue doing the things you enjoy. Learn ways to make exercise fun and stay motivated.
Share this infographic and help spread the word about staying motivated to exercise. Click on the social media icons on this page, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Share on Social Media
Copy and paste these messages into social media to help spread the word about staying motivated to be active:
- Read and share this infographic from the National Institute on Aging and learn how to stay motivated to exercise. https://go.usa.gov/xtnue
- Physical exercise is good for your health and can also be fun! Check out this infographic for tips about staying motivated to exercise. https://go.usa.gov/xtnut
Five Tips to Help You Stay Motivated to Exercise
Being physically active is one of the most important things you can do each day to maintain and improve your health and keep doing things you enjoy as you age. Make exercise a priority with the following tips:
- Find ways to fit exercise into your day. You are more likely to get moving if exercise is a convenient part of your day.
- Do activities you enjoy to make it more fun. Be creative and try something new!
- Make it social. Find a virtual “exercise buddy” to help keep you going and provide emotional support.
- If there’s a break in your routine, get back on track. Start slowly and gradually build back up to your previous level of activity. Ask your family and friends for support.
- Keep track of your progress. Make an exercise plan and don’t forget to reward yourself when you reach your goals.
Learn more about staying motivated to exercise.