Health and Aging

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I make a donation to the NIA or Alzheimer's research?

Individuals and organizations can donate to the NIA Gift Fund by sending a check or money order payable to “The National Institute on Aging” or to “NIA” with a letter stating that the money is to be used for research and related activities at the NIA. Donations and letters should be addressed to:

National Institute on Aging
Budget Officer, Financial Management Branch
Building 31, Room 2C-06
31 Center Drive, MSC 2292
Bethesda, MD 20892-2540

If your donation is specifically for Alzheimer’s disease research and educational activities, please state this in your letter.

If you are considering leaving money to the NIA in your will, please provide the address of the National Institute on Aging (above) in the will and indicate that the bequest is to be used to support the mission of the NIA.

More information can be found at