Go4Life® en español
Go4Life, NIA’s national exercise and physical activity campaign encourages Americans 50 and older to fit exercise and physical activity into daily life. Go4Life offers exercises, motivational tips, safety information, and free resources for health professionals and the public. The campaign now has 12 federal partners and 65 partners from the private sector.
In recent weeks, the campaign has focused on its Spanish-language materials. The winter issue of the NIH MedlinePlus Spanish-language magazine Salud featured the Go4Life campaign and provided examples of the four types of exercise: endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility.
In addition, Go4Life added five new Spanish tip sheets to the website:
- El ejercicio y la diabetes tipo 2 (Exercise and Type 2 Diabetes, PDF, 74K)
- La salud del corazón (Heart Health, PDF, 644K)
- Camine para su salud (Walking for Your Health, PDF, 434K)
- Mantener un peso saludable (Maintaining a Healthy Weight, PDF, 441K)
- Escoja opciones inteligentes a la hora de comer (Making Smart Food Choices, PDF, 75K)
For more Go4Life resources in Spanish, visit http://go4life.nia.nih.gov/resources/spanish.