Save the date! The 2017 NIA Directors Regional Meeting will be held November 8, 2017, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the University of Colorado, Denver in the Nighthorse Campbell Native Health Building. The purpose of this meeting is to provide information on existing opportunities for research and training, technical assistance in grant writing, advice on the design of new research proposals, and to facilitate recruitment of a diverse cohort of students and investigators to aging and health disparities research.
As an offering of the NIA Office of Special Populations, researchers with an interest in health disparities research are encouraged to attend. Persons from diverse backgrounds, including individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities and women are always encouraged to attend NIH supported activities.
- Richard Hodes, M.D., NIA Director
- Marie A. Bernard, M.D., NIA Deputy Director
- Robin Barr, Ph.D., Director, Division of Extramural Activities
- John Haaga, Ph.D., Director, Division of Behavioral and Social Research
- Ron Kohanski, Ph.D., Health Scientist Administrator, Aging Biology
- Evan Hadley, Ph.D., Director, Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology
- Eliezer Masliah, Ph.D., Director, Division of Neurosciences
- Carl V. Hill, Ph.D., Director, Office of Special Populations
Regional Meeting Goals
- Provide information on existing opportunities for research and training
- Provide hands on technical assistance in grant writing
- Solicit advice on the design of new research opportunities
- Gain strategies for recruiting underrepresented students and investigators to aging research
There will be 2 breakout sessions during the afternoon section of the agenda for participants to ask specific questions related to the NIA's research divisions and programs, training, and small business innovation research and small business technology transfer programs.
There is no registration fee for the 2017 NIA Directors Regional Meeting on Aging Research. Registration will open in August, 2017.
Federal Funds will not be used in the provision or facilitation of food or beverages. Conference participants are responsible for obtaining and paying for their own food and light refreshments.