The NIA Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology (DGCG) is searching for a Health Program Specialist (11-12-13) with a Masters or PhD level degree and experience in clinical and translational research, to provide scientific and logistical support to DGCG scientific staff for the following activities:
- Development and organization of scientific workshops
- Administration, coordination and analysis of program activities; planning, organization, coordination, and management of segments of complex activities
- Planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs and initiatives
- Conducting literature searches, portfolio analyses, and program analyses
- Assisting in drafting ad hoc and periodic reports and presentations, and summarizing research findings.
- Working with program staff to develop Funding Opportunity Announcements, new research initiatives, and exploratory meetings of scientific experts
- Working with program staff to prepare background materials for proposed program development of new and ongoing research initiatives retreat presentations.
- Working with program staff to develop background materials and agendas for program-sponsored exploratory and advisory scientific meetings.
- Providing assistance to principal investigators who have responded to the RFAs and PAs.
- Analyzing responses to RFAs and Program Announcements by numbers of applications and scientific areas. This includes working with the program leadership to identify areas that need to be addressed in program planning.
- Analyzing Division portfolio content/portfolio publication productivity
- Attending and reporting on peer review meetings
- Attending and reporting on annual scientific meetings and NIH-sponsored workshops that are relevant to DGCG program areas
- Establishing, monitoring and updating systems for tracking program and research progress
- Providing technical assistance and guidance concerning Division initiatives and priorities to applicants and grantees
- Responding to requests from Congress, NIH and NIA directors, NIA divisions, and the public
- Maintaining and updating content on the Division website
For additional information about this position, contact Jessica Moreno via email or at 301-402-7719.