The Summer 2013 issue of LINKS: Minority Research & Training is now available online. This twice-yearly e-newsletter is part of NIA’s initiative to address health disparities and support scientists representing underserved populations.
In this issue:
- Find out about funding opportunities and other initiatives to encourage diversity in the biomedical research workforce
- Read about a recent workshop addressing health information needs of American Indian/Alaska Native elders
- Learn about food insecurity and hypertension
- Check out NIA’s new blog for the research community
- Register for a free webinar to learn about dementia in diverse populations
- Watch a video with Dr. Felipe Sierra discussing the Trans-NIH GeroScience Interest Group, the role of aging in chronic disease, and plans for an upcoming geroscience summit
Want to get future issues of LINKS and other NIA news? Choose your interests and sign up today!
We also invite you to visit NIA’s Minority Aging and Health Disparities web page, where you’ll find information about the Health Disparities Research Persons Network, training opportunities, and more.