Understanding Memory Loss: What To Do When You Have Trouble Remembering

Where can I get more information?

Contact the following organizations to learn more about memory loss. They can give you information about support groups and services, and publications on Alzheimer’s disease. They can also give you information about research centers and clinical trials and studies.

Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral (ADEAR) Center
Phone: 1-800-438-4380
Email: adear@nia.nih.gov
Website: www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers

The Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral (ADEAR) Center offers information on diagnosis, treatment, patient care, caregiver needs, long-term care, and research related to Alzheimer's disease. Staff can refer you to local and national resources. The Center is a service of the National Institute on Aging, part of the Federal Government's National Institutes of Health.

Alzheimer's Association
Phone: 1-800-272-3900
Email: info@alz.org
Website: www.alz.org

The Alzheimer's Association is a nonprofit organization offering information and support services to people with Alzheimer’s disease and their caregivers and families. The Alzheimer's Association also sponsors research. Call or visit their website to find out where to get help in your area.

Alzheimer's Foundation of America
Phone: 1-866-232-8484
Email: info@alzfdn.org
Website: www.alzfdn.org

This foundation serves people with dementia and their caregivers and families. Services include a toll-free hotline, publications, and online resources.

Eldercare Locator
Phone: 1-800-677-1116
Website: www.eldercare.gov

Families often need information about community resources, such as home care, adult day care, and nursing homes. Contact the Eldercare Locator to find these resources in your area. The Eldercare Locator is a service of the Administration on Aging. It is funded by the Federal Government.

Publication Date: May 2013
Page Last Updated: October 22, 2015