Caring Response: A Mobile Training App for Family Caregivers
This study will determine the effectiveness of Caring Response, a mobile training app for caregivers of someone with Alzheimer's disease. The training is designed to enhance a family caregiver's ability to deal with difficult behaviors related to Alzheimer's disease and improve caregiver quality of life.
|Minimum Age||Maximum Age||Gender||Healthy Volunteers|
- Care for an individual with Alzheimer's disease or other dementia
- Own a smartphone or tablet and have internet access
- Spend at least eight hours per week caring for a person with dementia
- Severe psychological or physical illness
- Inability to read and follow English instructions
- High level of depression symptoms
This study will compare the effectiveness of the Caring Response mobile training app with a traditional caregiver training program that uses a workbook and online resources. The researchers will test different training materials to determine which are best to encourage caregiver participation, and promote learning and application of the coping skill concepts. Participants will be asked to complete questionnaires and surveys to measure their experiences with the training materials.
Gerardo Fernandez, BS
|Bruno Kajiyama, MS||Principal Investigator||Photozig, Inc.|
|Bruno Kajiyama, MSemail@example.com|
Virtual Patient Behavioral Response Training for Family Caregivers