Careers at NIA
NIA’s most valuable asset is its dedicated and knowledgeable staff. If you would like to join us as we work toward a healthy, active older age for all Americans, visit one of the links below.
The National Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- NIA Career Opportunities for U.S. Citizens on USAJobs
Current NIA career opportunities can be found on the Federal government's official jobs website, USAJobs.
- NIA Extramural Research Program
- Program Officer, Health Systems, Division of Behavioral and Social Research
- Program Officer, Psychological Development and Integrative Science, Division of Behavioral and Social Research
- NIA Intramural Research Program:
- CARD Director (Senior Investigator - Research)
- Stadtman Tenure Track Investigators
- Research and Training Opportunities
- Summer Research Opportunities
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Diversity in Aging Research Pipeline Program (DARPP)
- Chief, Laboratory of Epidemiology and Population Sciences
- Staff Scientist 1 (Facility Head) - Proteomic, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation
- Staff Scientist, Laboratory of Epidemiology and Population Sciences
- Staff Scientist, Laboratory of Genetics and Genomics (CBC)
- Staff Scientist, Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology
- Staff Scientist 1, Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology
- Staff Scientist 1, Laboratory of Neurogenetics
- Staff Scientist 1 (Statistician), Translational Gerontology Branch
- Tenure-Track Investigator, Translational Gerontology Branch/Laboratory of Neurogenetics
- Tenure-Track Investigator, Translational Gerontology Branch
- NIH Career Opportunities for U.S. Citizens
- All NIH employment opportunities can be found on the Jobs at NIH website.
- Federal Employment of People with Disabilities