Directors Regional Meeting on Aging Research 2013
The NIA will be sponsoring a regional meeting March 12, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:05 p.m. at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. We invite participants from your institution and departments to our one day meeting on research and training for individuals new to aging research as well as those underrepresented in aging research.
As an offering of the NIA Office of Special Populations, researchers with an interest in health disparities research are encouraged to apply. Applicants from diverse backgrounds, including individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and women are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.
- Marie A. Bernard, M.D., NIA Deputy Director
- Robin Barr, D.Phil. Director, Division of Extramural Activities
- Richard Suzman, Ph.D., Director, Division of Behavioral and Social Research
- John Williams, Ph.D., Program Officer, Division of Aging Biology
- Winifred Rossi, M.S., Deputy Director, Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology
- Miroslaw Mackiewicz, Ph.D., Program Officer, Division of Neurosciences
Regional Meeting Goals
- Provide information on existing opportunities for research and training
- Provide hands on technical assistance in grant writing
- Solicit advice on the design of new research opportunities
- Gain strategies for recruiting underrepresented students and investigators to aging research
There is no registration fee for the 2013 NIA Directors Regional Meeting on Aging Research. Register here.
Registration is available until February 28th.
20 minute individual or team sessions will be available for participants in Oklahoma City on the OUHSC campus. Participants will bring abstracts with them and will be prepared to discuss their research with the NIA representative. Space is limited and registrations will be accepted on a first come basis. To sign up for individual consultations go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0D4BA5AD2EA46-national
Please note that all travel and hotel expenses will be on your own.