The National Institute on Aging offers free publications you might use when talking with your older patients. You can order single or multiple copies from:
National Institute on Aging Information Center
P.O. Box 8057
Gaithersburg, MD 20898-9057
NIA has free AgePage fact sheets on a variety of topics. Here is a selection of what's available. The asterisk (*) indicates those also available in Spanish.
In-depth publications are also available. Examples are listed below.
- End of Life: Helping With Comfort and Care
- Exercise and Physical Activity: Your Everyday Guide from the National Institute on Aging*
- So Far Away: Twenty Questions and Answers About Long-Distance Caregiving
- Talking With Your Doctor: A Guide for Older People*
- There's No Place Like Home—for Growing Old: Tips from the National Institute on Aging
NIA's ADEAR Center has a wide variety of free publications for people with cognitive problems, their families, and caregivers, such as Understanding Alzheimer's Disease  and Caregiver Guide: Tips for Caregivers of People with Alzheimer's Disease . To order, contact:
Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center
P.O. Box 8250
Silver Spring, MD 20907-8250