Health disparities and aging—Winter 2013 Links: Minority Research & Training now onlineJanuary 25, 2013
The Winter 2013 issue of LINKS: Minority Research and Training is now available! This issue has some exciting new features. Get to know six participants from the 2012 NIA Summer Institute on Aging Research through videos in the article, Reflections from the Summer Institute on Aging Research. Or, have ideas about ways to increase diversity in clinical research? Share them in the comments section at the end of the article, Minority Recruitment: Translating General Principles Into Specific Strategies. Let the conversation begin!
The Winter 2013 issue also includes:
- Alzheimer's Disease Summit Suggests National Research Priorities
- Women of Color Research Network: A Place to Ask, Talk, Connect
- NIH Toolbox Simplifies, Streamlines Neuroscience Measures
- Tour for Diversity in Medicine Urges Minority Students to Seek Medical, Dental Careers
- Announcing the 2013 Summer Institute on Aging Research
New to Links? The twice-yearly newsletter is part of NIA’s initiative to address health disparities and support scientists representing underserved populations. Subscribing is easy. We also invite you to visit NIA’s Minority Aging and Health Disparities web page, where you’ll find information about the Health Disparities Research Persons Network, training opportunities, and more.
Page last updated: January 28, 2013