"The labels were so hard to read. I asked my pharmacist to use bigger type on the label. He did it gladly. What a help!"
Before you leave the pharmacy, be sure to:
- Check the label on your medicine.
- Make sure the bottle has your name on it.
- Make sure the directions are the same as your doctor said. If not, tell the pharmacist.
- Ask for an easy-open cap if you have trouble opening the bottle. Be sure to keep all medicines out of reach of children.
- And most important—make sure you can read and understand the directions on the container.
Staying on track with your medicines is not always easy. Ask friends and family for help. Pull out this brochure often to help you take charge of your health.
Follow these hints to make sure you take your medicines the right way—each day.
A list of your medicines
Here is a form you can use. Go over your medicine list with your doctor at each visit. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about your medicines. Take this brochure with you.
|Name of medicine||Name of prescribing doctor||Amount I take||When and how often||What it's for|